Sunday, October 05, 2008

the Flash #244 - DC


This issue was ok . . I just think that Alan Burnett needs to get comfortable with these characters. Everything just seems a little forced with this issue. I know we're trying to go in a new direction . . . the kids are cured and all of that, but it just seems like they're trying a little bit to hard this issue. Of course it could just be me, but . . . that's just the way it felt. Don't get me wrong . . I think Wally is a great character, and I'm glad that he's finally got his life together and has a wife and kids to share it with. I really have a lot of hope for this book. I've been with the Flash for quite a long time . . going all the way back to the Carmine Infantino days. I'm one of the guys that hopes Barry comes back. Not to take anything away from Wally, I just thought Barry was a great character also. Hey, if we can have a half dozen Green Lanterns on Earth, why can't we have 5 or 6 Flashes? Unlike the Green Lanterns, I like that the Flash saga is really more of a family affair. I like the whole generations thing, and of course the Flash Rogues gallery is the best ever. I'd rank it right up there with Batman's. Anyways, I'm sure Alan will do a great job with this book, I just didn't particularly like this issue. As is the same with Paco Diaz's art. It's not that I have any major complaints, it just has a different feel to it. Maybe after a few issue when everybody starts getting into the roles a little more comfortably . . . I really want this book to do well. We'll see if it fits any better next issue. It's like when you get a new pair of shoes . . you want to like them, because they're new, but . . you're not sure if you do because you're still thinking about how comfortable the old one's were.

1 comment:

  1. First off, let me say hello and WOW, you sure post a lot of reviews!! I just started my own comic oriented blog, which I'm still tweaking and came across yours, which like I said is amazing in its size and scope! I can see I'm going to enjoy sifting through your past archives. Anyway, I kind of enjoyed this Flash comic more then the previous ones, which seemed like they were trying to tie up like 100 different story lines in just a few issues. I can remember getting a headache trying to keep up with everything! This comic was kind of like a breath of fresh air to me, in that it dealt with basically only two story lines, Wally's power loss and the bee guy. Anyway, it's always great to find a like minded individual when it comes to the vastly underappreciated medium of comic books and would really appreciate it if you could swing by my blog and give me some pointers or comments. I know I'll definatly be frequently stopping by yours. My blog is at http://xmanscomicblog.blogspot.com/I'd really value any comments, good or [gulp] bad.

    ReplyDelete