Sunday, October 26, 2008

Batman Strikes #50 - DC


Yes . . it's sad but true. This will be the last issue of this series. I can't imagine that there won't be some form of Batman cartoon book filling the void . . it's been around in one form or another since the mid 80's. There was Batman Adventures, Batman and Robin Adventures, Gotham Adventures, Batman Beyond and a couple of others whom I can't seem to remember the names of right now, between then and this series. What I like about them was that first they stayed true to the cartoon. You could almost hear the theme songs of the cartoon while you were reading the book. And secondly they seemed more upbeat and positive than the normal Batman stories in Batman or Detective. Sometimes they were just plain fun. So, like I said, I can't imagine that there won't be some form of this character to fill the void. I just haven't heard, or read, any news on what it will be yet. Anyways, I liked this book . . and I'll miss it. I'll see you later . . silent friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment