Thursday, October 09, 2008

Uncanny X-Men #502 - Marvel


I have one complaint about this book, and really . . it's very, very minor. On the inside of the front page there's a Strike File - Active Roster page. It goes through some of the various team-members . . Wolverine, Kurt, Karma, Emma, Pixie and Dazzler. However, I have no idea what it says because it's done with a dark purple ink on a black page. So even when I try to read it under the light, the light reflects off the black page and creates a glare so I still can't read it. Maybe my eyes are getting old. I don't know. It just kind of aggravated me. Anyways, besides that minor detail, I thought it was a great book. Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker are doing an incredible job with these stories. And of course the artwork of Greg Land is just phenomenal. I'm not sure what's up with this chick that seems to be in charge of the Hellfire Cult, but she's the one that actually makes this group a threat. I think without her, the X-men could've easily taken these guys out, but she's the wild-card that turns a disturbance into a situation. When she's working over her pledges she kind of looks like Jean Grey in a dominatrix outfit. Except for her glowing eyes, of course. But after she works on Empath, one of the Hellion kids, she takes off her mask and she looks like Emma. So obviously she's a shape-shifter or something. Plus, from her treatments, she really seems to have Empath's powers amped up. So I would also guess some kind of psychic or suggestive powers also, as her group seems blindly faithful to her. While all of this is going on, Pixie was beaten up last issue. The X-Men took her to Marin but she decided she wanted to be back with her friends in Oakland. But she's changed her mind again, and is heading back to the X-Men . . . "I'm gonna' go crash with some friends. What could possibly go wrong?" Has this girl never heard of 'famous last words'? Anyways, I think this book is in a great place right now. I just really hope that they don't put Pixie through any more crap. The girl could really use a break right now. Unfortunately . . I have a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment