Thursday, October 30, 2008

Detective #849 - DC


Ok. Now I can't wait to read issue #850. Apparently my missives about Hush, Tommy Elliott, assuming the mantle of Alfred . . so he could strike out at the Batman up close and personal . . were . . off target. Batman finally puts the pieces of the puzzle together to find out that Tommy is hiding out in Sacred Heart hospital. Although, that's exactly what Hush wanted the Batman to do . . come to his lair and play. He had the little boy that the Scarecrow had abducted coated with a neurotoxin. At the hospital, when Hush shows where he's keeping Selina's heart, the gas in the room that the Batman's breathing, reacts with the other part of the binary compound. As he slips off into unconsciousness, Tommy removes the bandages to show that he's assumed the mantle of Bruce Wayne. He wants to destroy the Wayne family name . . it's business' . . and all of the people close to him. But he wants everyone else to think that Bruce is doing it. Although, I still think there's something up with Alfred. There's still something that's just not quite right about the whole situation. Especially after the Black Hand beat him up so badly . . but still, nobody knows about that. Anyways, next issue . . the conclusion . . Tommy/Bruce heads out into Batman's Gotham to tear apart Bruce's world piece by piece. I thought that Paul Dini has been doing a fantastic job with this story-line. I feel, we still don't know, or realize, the full extent of just how this story-line ties in with the Batman RIP story-line. All the connections are still out of focus. I really can't wait to see how the whole thing wraps up next issue. I also enjoyed Dustin Nguyen's art. I wasn't sure if he was the right artist for this book, but now . . as we've progressed through the story . . I have to say that he brings a certain feel to it that I don't know if any other artist could've created.

No comments:

Post a Comment