Sunday, October 12, 2008

the Amazing Spider-man #572 - Marvel


Even though Dan Slott has been in the mix with the writing rotation since this Brand New Day storyline began, I'm telling you . . this book has improved 100% since John Romita Jr. came on board. I know I keep saying that I think the story is more important than the art . . so, I'm guessing that John's involvement has sparked a little fire under Dan. I'm not sure what Dan's doing differently, but . . the whole book has a better feel to it right now. At least that's what I think. And poor Peter just has it coming at him from all sides right now. The only love he's getting . . maybe it's just a little sympathy . . is actually from Eddie Brock, Anti-Venom. That's an interesting turn of events. The only problem with that is Eddie wants to cure Peter. If he does so he may remove his Spider powers. But Peter has the Thunderbolts coming after him and their leader, Normie, has figured out that Spider-man had a tracer built into his costume so that his camera would always put him in the center of the shot. It wasn't to hard for him to reverse engineer that and use the same tracking system in some smart bullets. And on top of all of that . . . Bullseye! I've been reading this book through this whole switch of format . . and schedule . . but I really think that this is the best it's been in about 2 years. I would like to see Peter get a little breather for a minute, but . . I don't think that's going to happen any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment