Thursday, October 09, 2008

DC Special: Cyborg #5 - DC


I have to say I enjoyed this issue more than the last. Last issue Carlos Magno's art just didn't do it for me. I can't put my finger on it, but . . . I just didn't really like it. Mark Sable is weaving a rather complicated story here, but we did get a lot more explained to us this issue. The only thing I'm not sure about this issue is . . what happened to Ron? He's the guy that's been going around tearing up STAR Labs and everyone thought it was Vic. Anyways, Vic, this issue, is fighting the future version of himself. You know . . the one that popped up in the Teen Titans when they were battling the rest of their future selves? Well, for some reason, the future Vic never went back. And now our mysterious Mr. Orr has him convinced that he's the only one that can take himself down, and that if he doesn't do so his tech will never be able to be used to enrich fallen soldier's lives. So with Mr. Orr's help, Vic . . the future Vic . . now appears to be the leader of the Cyborg Revenge Squad. I'm not sure where Mr. Orr plucked them all from, but they look like a pretty nasty bunch. Next issue all of this gets wrapped up . . . hopefully. I'm not exactly sure of the ramifications of these 2 fighting each other, so . . it'll be interesting to see what happens. The rest of the Titans make an appearance this issue also, but it's mostly in a supporting role. All the main attention is directed at Cyborg. Hence . . the name of the series. Titans Together!

No comments:

Post a Comment