Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gen13 #23 - WildStorm


I hate to say it, but I really didn't enjoy this issue. All the other teams in the WildStorm Universe are doing what they can to help the survivors, and trying to figure out what exactly is left of the Earth. These kids? They're just goofing around, trying to make it to their next meal. Grunge gets this idea where he asks everybody what their idea of the end of the world was . . and then we get a 2 page thing on their dream. It was kind of silly . . and pointless. But I guess they're just trying to keep things light until they can find some shelter . . or some other live survivors. They may get their wish because on the final page they come across . . the Mall. I know . . silly. Anyways, I usually like Scott Beatty's stories, but this one . . just didn't do it for me. And I really don't like Mike Huddleston's art. It's ok . . I guess. I just don't feel that it's right for this series. I love these characters, and I know they're a light-hearted bunch, but . . considering everything that's happened in this world . . I just think their brevity is inappropriate. God! Now I sound like my dad when I was growing up. Sorry! I'll just leave it at . . this definitely wasn't one of my favorite issues in this series. In fact, it was probably my least favorite to date. I would just really hate to see this book get cancelled or slip off into oblivion. It scares me that with many more issues like this . . that could be a possibility. I did however like the Marc Slayton back-up story. I'm glad that someone's finally taking all these I/O rejects out of their misery. They didn't ask for this existence. Hopefully he'll make it out of here alive, join up with Team7 . . and do something about Tao. Could there be a Team7 book down the pike somewhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment