Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Cable #7 - Marvel


I'm glad to see Ariel Olivetti back on the pencils this month. I was afraid that he was just going to do the art for the first story arc. I really like the feel that he brings this book. Duane Swierczynski brought Bishop back to the present, a couple of months after he left. Scott sends out X-Force to apprehend him as soon as possible . . and then the interrogation begins. Emma finds out from his sensors that he's actually been gone for 4 1/2 years. He explains to Scott that time is like a building that goes up and up forever. Nate can only go up in the building. So, rather than keep chasing him, Bishop has decided to try to figure out a way to burn the building down. Part of the reason he can't find him is because Nate's found sanctuary in New Liberty. It's a hidden haven that is spoke of in legend in Nate's time. "It does not appear on any map, not in the past, it's present or most of the future. Traces of it were only discovered during the 40th century, when I was raised by the Askani clan. It was heralded as another Roanoke . . a lost town that seemed to one day simply vanish from the face of the Earth." In that refuge, it's been almost 2 years since they've seen Bishop. Somehow Cable figured out how to breach the shields around the settlement, which held the outside world out and hid it from view. No one else has been able to do that . . until today. "Relax, good people of New Liberty. We're the government of the United States of America. We're here to help." That's never a good sign. Finally, this issue, someone, Hope, asks Nate . . "Don't you get tired of calling her 'little girl'? I mean, you do name your children where you come from, right?" But Nate feels it's not his place to name her because he's not her father. I really like this book. I like the feel of it and I love this character. He's had kind of a spotty history, but I've enjoyed all of his titles so far. Even though I didn't get Cable & Deadpool until after the fact. So I'm glad he's got his own book again. There's a lot of potential here.

No comments:

Post a Comment