Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wolverine: First Class #7 - Marvel


What I like about this story, as opposed to what I just wrote about the Secret Invasion story-line . . is that while were dealing with untold stories earlier in a characters career . . these stories actually support what's already been written. With a character like Wolverine . . missing memory and all . . there's lots of room for stories that we've never heard before. Plus with his time spent with the X-Men, he wasn't the focal character of every story-line. Hell, some of them he didn't even take part in. So consequently, there's quite a bit of his time that's unaccounted for. Which, in essence, is what this book is about . . stories from between the stories. Which I think is a good thing. Nothing that's been previously written is being undermined or 'tweaked' to fit. Like I said, these stories actually support and fill in the gaps of the other stories that we've already read. Which is my mind is a legitimate use of the story-telling process. Plus I like seeing the interaction between Logan and Kitty. Although technically Kitty didn't take part much in this story . . other than being the motivation for the current predicament that he's found himself in . . she's still a factor. Plus Wolverine is in his natural element here . . saving lives and taking names . . or something like that. I enjoyed this book, and I thought Fred Van Lente and Steven Cummings did a respectable job here. I'm just sad that they cancelled the X-Men First Class book already.

No comments:

Post a Comment