Sunday, October 05, 2008

Tangent: Superman's Reign #7 - DC


Before I get to far into this issue, I do have a complaint. We're on the last half of this series now, so what do they do? They change all the artists around. Dan Jurgens is still writing it . . thankfully, but on the lead story Wes Craig is doing the art. It's really not to bad, but . . it's not Jamal Igle. Jamal was doing a great job, I just don't understand why he needed to be replaced. It just kind of feels different now. But, I really do want to complain about the art on the back-up story. Andie Tong is the new artist there . . for some reason . . and I really don't like his style. But since I don't sit in an editorial chair . . I guess my opinion doesn't count for much. At least the price didn't go up yet . . unlike most of the Marvel books. Anyways, in this issue, the 2 Earth's Supermen finally come face to face. The 2 Batman's have lucked out because they've planned an assault on the Tangent Earth's Superman's headquarters . . and they do so just as Superman, Power-girl and Orion head to Metropolis for some reason. Their goal is to free all of their friends, and except for some robot security, they do so pretty unhampered. Just as they come upon their friends . . Superman confronts the Tangent Superman in Metropolis. I'm thinking that when Orion transported them out of his lair, they also crossed over worlds. So now the 3 of them are in the DC Universe. No wonder there's so much squalor still going on that the Tangent Superman wasn't aware of. Which means, I think that they're unaware that they've switched worlds. I've enjoyed this series so far, and I really enjoy this view into the Tangent world. I thought that our previous excursion here was rather brief. Hopefully after this one it won't take us such a long time to have a return visit. These characters are to good to only see every 4 or 5 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment