Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Young X-Men #5 - Marvel


Well, now that our young group of X-Men have figured out that they were duped by Donald Pierce . . what do they do now? Well, first of all, they have to find and retrieve the rest of their team-members . . Blindfold and Dani Moonstar. Speaking of which, so what's the deal with these old New Mutants? Are they part of the Hellfire Club now . . or not? We always knew that Bobby was, but now that he's been named Lord Imperial, how does that change things? I think these old New Mutants are going to play a bigger role in these kids lives than we first anticipated. Especially now that they really have no place to go. They were never really X-Men in the first place, just Donald's pawns and puppets. So their feeling pretty vulnerable and betrayed right now. Plus, at the end of this issue, Donald kills Nicholas. So there's really only 5 of them. 4 if you don't count the tattoo kid. I'm no sure if he's actually part of the team or not. The kids never really accepted him, plus he was Donald's mole right from the start. But . . he has power. So he would be useful. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what his fate is going to be. I think Marc Guggenheim is doing a good job with these stories. But, we're on issue #5 right now and, basically, we're really at the beginning because everything up to now has been a lie. Marc said right in the beginning that this team was going to be in flux for quite a while. I guess this is what he meant. Also, I'm sorry, I know Yanick Paquette has talent. Whether I like his style or not, he still does something I could never do. But, like I said, I just don't like his style on this book. I think this book has a lot of potential, and some great characters . . I just don't know if it's going to get the chance it deserves with this art. But . . that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment