Sunday, September 07, 2008

Moon Knight #21 - Marvel


As I'm writing this . . I'm kicking myself. Sometimes I leave books lying around . . . who am I kidding, they're all over the house . . anyways one of my cats have a penchant for chewing on paper. Plus they like sharp corners. You know, to rub their heads on and stuff. Anyways, as I'm looking at this issue, I just realized that my cat has chewed away at the top corner of this book. It doesn't happen much, but it has happened before. You'd think I'd learn from my past mistakes. It looks like that's $3 that's been wasted. But I love my cats, so . . what am I gonna' do? Anyways, Marc's really dug a hole for himself this time. It's funny though . . with all this heat coming down on him, from all these different angles, he still can't stop doing what he always does . . beating up bad guys. "In some ways it's liberating. Before the padded gloves, the cowl, the mask, that cloak . . the voices in my head . . all gone. Back to the basics. Before the spectacle of it all. When it was a job. Not a religion. When all I knew was what I knew." Tony has made it his, and SHIELD's, number 1 priority to bring Marc in. But now, for some reason, the CSA has decided that they want that responsibility. They're claiming, according to the Super-human Registration Act, that an act of terrorism on domestic soil, by a card carrying registered 'super', falls under their jurisdiction. They don't seem to happy about it, but they do seem determined. And then, at the end of this issue, we find out that, for some reason, Norman Osborne has also made it his personal mission to take down the Moon Knight. I guess he doesn't like the competition . . you know, bad-ass psychos and all. Anyways, I think this will be an interesting direction, brought to us by Mike Benson and Mark Texeira. With Javier Saltares of course. I really like this book, and the direction that it's going. However, I'm not sure what Venom on the cover has to do with anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment