Sunday, September 28, 2008

the Amazing Spider-man #570 - Marvel


I love this character. You can't argue with that. However, there's an awful lot of chatter out there on whether or not this new publishing concept is working out. I guess ultimately it's up to you as the consumer to decide if you like it or not. It has it's good points and bad points, but I think it's definitely taken a turn for the better with John Romita Jr. on the pencils. I imagine that he'll just be part of the rotation for a while now, but it's still nice to see him drawing the web-head. This story-line is taking an interesting twist in that Eddie is developing a new power . . now he calls himself Anti-Venom. He seems to be just as powerful . . and psychotic, but . . now he kind of seems like Venom on Zoloft or something. The other Venom, from the Thunderbolts, attacks the FEAST shelter, and that's when Eddie switches. I think even he's surprised by the transformation. Anyways, he starts going full blown at Venom, and Spider-man when he tries to get involved, but then he seems to have these lucid moments in-between. Also, he keeps saying that he's going to cure Venom. He seems to be able to do it also . . whether Venom wants it or not. But then, at the end of the confrontation, he turns his attention to Peter. "There are still small traces of the symbiote in your system. They're tiny vestigial, but still there, all the same . . . . I'm merely cleansing your system of the infection. You'll thank me for this some day . . . wait. What's this? You blood's tainted too. It's irradiated! Hmm. Why don't we clean that up as well?" Could this be the end of Spider-man? I guess we'll have to wait until next issue to find out. Dan Slott wrote this one. I thought this was one of the better issues. It was actually a lot of fun. I just hope we can keep this pace going.

No comments:

Post a Comment