Sunday, September 07, 2008

Justice League of America #24 - DC


My only complaint about this whole book is that we've only just recently learned about the spider-like character that seems to be controlling Vixen and Animal-man . . Zatanna got a vision of her (?) last issue. But they have no idea who she is, where she is, or what her purpose is. But, with the cover of this issue, we do have a name . . . Anansi! Why? Why do they have to reveal the name, when the story about the character just seems to be developing? I mean, I know it's just a name, but all of the information should unravel systematically . . not just be handed over to us like bread-crumbs. Other than that, I thought the story was great. But they had to spoil it by 'dummy-ing' it down for us. I don't like that. But, that point aside, I did like Dwayne McDuffie's story. I like the way he handed all of these characters as they tried to take on Amazo . . after he claimed their recent attempts at reanimating the Red Tornado. But I have to say, that was a little anti-climatic also. We've been building up these last few months with this Red Tornado story-line, then Amazo steps in to take over his new body. I can't say I didn't see that one coming. You knew there was going to be some kind of complication. Anyways, long story short, the JLA eventually beat Amazo into submission, and put Reddy back in his old body. That was it. Like I said . . rather anti-climatic with these months of build-up. But, I guess they had to put an end to that story-line so they could launch the new one about trying to help Vixen and Buddy. Allan Goldman fills in for Ed Benes this issue, and actually . . he did a rather decent job. The guy hasn't been around that long . . I first saw him a few months ago in Action . . and now he's filling in on the JLA. Congratulations! Overall, I thought he did a more than adequate job of filling in. Allan seems to be a real 'up-and-comer'. This is another book that I just love all the characters. It's the variety and interactions that really give this book it's spice.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your kind words. If you're interested, visit my blog. It has some pages of work there.
    http://fotolog.terra.com.br/goldman

    ReplyDelete