Thursday, September 11, 2008

Teen Titans - Year One #6 - DC


The more I read this series, the more I absolutely love Karl Kerschl's interpretation of these characters. I think he's done and absolutely fabulous job with the look and feel of this mini-series. Of course Amy Wolfram has also done a good job with the stories. I really like how, in this issue, the theme being presented here is that no matter what the talents or abilities of the individual characters . . the group will always stand stronger as a whole. And, ultimately, they are a family. No matter how much they bicker, or fight, or just disagree . . any of them would put any of the others above themselves should the need arise. And Robin, the most 'lone' character of them all . . still operates better in the group, and as their leader. However, no matter how strong that theme is . . or how well written Amy wrote it . . it's still Karl's art that brings it all together and conveys the feeling that Amy's trying to express with her words. I think, together, they did an incredible job with this series. We really got the feel and emotions of these characters. It was also nice seeing how they eventually congealed as a team . . a family . . rising above their individual concerns and motivations. This is why I love the Teen Titans. I think they're one of the best teams out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment