Sunday, September 28, 2008

X-Men - Manifest Destiny #1 - Marvel


We start out this book with a pretty neat looking Humberto Ramos cover. Anytime Humberto is involved . . it's a good thing. From what I can gather, this mini-series is going to be mostly about Bobby and Mystique. Apparently their love-hate relationship is far from over. Although, I thinking, Mystique would argue that she's trying to make Bobby a better person . . or mutant. I think she's up to something . . obviously . . and it has something to do with Bobby's powers. I don't know yet if she's trying to amp 'em up, or just alter them a bit . . or maybe just get Bobby to realize the full potential of his abilities. But, whatever the motive, it appears that she's got Bobby dead in her sights again. Like I said, I think the series is going to be mainly about Bobby, but each book will consist of 3 short stories. Of course Bobby starts it off with Mike Carey and Michael Ryan. But then there's a story about Boom-Boom and Shan. Boom-Boom, I think, is a bit of of joke. But, she was an X-man at one time. And she was on X-Force for a bit. So . . she is what she is. But Shan on the other hand, I think, has huge potential. That's kind of what this particular story is about. Emma is trying to get her to realize the magnitude of her powers. I'm not sure if this one will be continued . . at least not in this format . . but wherever she pops up again, I have a feeling that she's going to be trying to put her life in order and grow into the responsibility that her powers are. Anyways the series is a neat concept and we get to touch base with some of the characters that we don't see to often. So that's a good thing. But it seems like there's an awful lot of X-Men minis coming down the pike. I better start saving up my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment