Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Booster Gold #12 - DC


I don't quite know why, but . . I really, really like this book. I still think this whole "time-travel" theme tends to give me a headache, but . . I like the way they're handling it in this series. Plus . . I've never liked Booster more than I do here. I honestly think he's a fantastic character. I'm sure his sister will add some depth to the story, but we haven't really dug into her character yet. I'm sure that's coming along the line here soon. Also, I think, Dan Jurgens is turning in some of his best work to date. This book really has a good feel to it . . all around. Unfortunately Geoff Johns is no longer on the series, but if someone had to take over from him, I'm glad it's Chuck Dixon. If anybody can handle these whole complicated story lines . . it's Chuck. Right now they're trying to fix the whole robbery thing that they messed up in the first place. It seems that there's this collector guy who bounces back in time to obtain things. However, once he comes to roost . . back in the 30's or 40's or whatever . . his philanthropy know no bounds. However the first time they arrived at this scene, they stopped him from taking something that's effect changes a lot of history. Then Booster came back and took Firefly's place, but the outcome didn't change much. So now he and his sister have come back and they're taking Batman and Batgirl's place. Like I said, these "time-travel" stories have a tendency to be pretty complicated and rather convoluted. But that's not bothering me as much here because I really do like these stories, and this character. Plus . . is Rip actually Booster's son? And if so . . who's the mother? There's a lot of possibilities here.

No comments:

Post a Comment