Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gen13 - World's End #22 - WildStorm


First of all I just want to say that I really like these kids. I've enjoyed this book, or I should say these characters, ever since their inception . . way back when. I've enjoyed watching them take on their different adventures through all the changes in creative talent and even venue. But, and it's hard for me to say this, I really don't like Mike Huddleston's work on this book. I find it to be sophomoric and adolescent . . at best. And that's really the best thing I can say about it. I like the story . . I like where all of this is going, but . . the artwork is really driving me crazy. Honestly, this is not a personal attack against Mike. Obviously the guy has talent. And I'm sure on the right book he'd be a superstar. But . . I don't think this is the right book. I'm enjoying Scott Beatty's story. I like the way he's handling these characters and his treatment of them. Plus we all know Scott does a great job with the team books. I would just really like to see a different artist come aboard. A guy can wish . . right? Anyways, in the back-up, it looks like Dane's going to go and rejoin Lynch with the rest of his Team-7 compatriots. But before he does so he's going to go on a suicide mission right into the heart of the night tribes. He wants to hit them right in their seat of power. He's decided, "If I live through that . . I'll do whatever you want." Christos Gage and Brandon Badeaux handled this chapter. It's going to be interesting to see how this all washes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment