Sunday, September 07, 2008

Batman and the Outsiders #10 - DC


Personally, I think Chuck Dixon is doing a fantastic job with this team, and these stories. He's brought together a eclectic group of characters which, as a group, just helps to make them more interesting. I think. This issue Ryan Benjamin does the pencils and, I have to say, I really, really, like the feel that he gives the book. We're kind of going in a different direction here. It appears that there's some sort of alien, that these kids have captured. When it bites you it either turns you into a super-villain, or . . it turns you dead. And they've been testing the theory alot, because there's a room with a lot of bodies stacked up in it. The only part I question about the story is . . in this book, Batman jumps on the back of the parasite, or alien, as it tries to make it's getaway. One of the kids it 'turned' accidentally broke it free . . again. Anyways, he rides off on the back of it, and he's not heard from for the rest of the issue. Apparently this is going to be the reason that the group doesn't hear from the Batman for a couple of issues. I get that, but . . what about the RIP story-line, or the Hush story-line? Aren't those the real reasons why Batman is 'out-of-touch'? I do like how Chuck has brought Looker back into the mix though. He's treating her more like an available asset than necessarily a regular team member. I think that's a good choice . . considering her current situation. I also like the development that is occurring with Salah and the REMAC. But then again, this book has been HOT! ever since the beginning of it's last title . . the Nightwing led team. My only concern is that I'd really like to see Matthew Clark come back on board. I didn't know he was going away forever! Anyways, a fantastic title, and a fantastic group of characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment