Wednesday, September 10, 2008

X-Factor #34 - Marvel


I thought I missed an issue here. Last issue was He Loves You part 1. This issue is He Loves You part 3. As it turns out though, the second part of this story took place over in She-Hulk # 31. You know what? I didn't miss anything. Things started out a little different here than they ended last issue, but . . it only took me a couple of pages to catch up and figure out what was going on. As I've told you, I'm not following the Secret Invasion story-line. I refuse to. However, I am reading whatever crosses over into the regular titles that I buy. Which, in the last 2 months, has turned out to be quite a lot. This issue Talisman explains to Darwin one of the reasons that they're trying to conquer the humans. He says it's because of his abilities, and that those abilities put the humans closer on the evolutionary ladder to the Skrulls that they had ever realized. However, given the humans nature, they also understand that sooner or later they will probably destroy themselves. So Talisman says that they're trying to take over to protect the humans, and their evolutionary potential. Like I said, I'm not following this story-line, but, just with what's crossed over into my regular books, I've probably heard about 8 different reasons for why the Skrulls are trying to take us over. So, either nobody knows what the real reason is, or . . everyone's been told a different story for a specific reason. I mean, it started out that it had something to do with what happened with the Illuminate . . there's been a myriad of reasons since. Which is why I won't follow it. The whole thing is in place to change one specific thing in the Marvel Universe. Whether it's to bring Cap back, or to negate the Registration Act . . whatever the reason, everything else that's going on is just so much minutia. I like this book, and these characters. It's nice that Darwin seems to have been brought back in to the fold. He's an interesting character. But I'd much rather see the X-Factor characters carrying on with their lives than going through and dealing with all of this crap. Peter David does well with the team books. Let him get back to what he does best. There was definitely some improvement in Larry Stroman's pencils this issue. Last issue I hated how he made these guys look, but, this month, things seem closer to normal. Who knows how long Larry will be around . . we've had like 9 or 10 different artists on this series already. Pretty soon he'll just be another name on the list. I think these characters deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment