Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ultimate Fantastic Four #57 - Marvel


This issue pretty much wraps up the story-line about the Tan-Ed-Drul, or Hydra. However, I don't think it's completely over just yet. I think there will be some future repercussions from the events that took place here, but . . we'll just have to wait and see. The Fantastic Four are infamous for having some obscure event in there distant past coming back to bite them in the butt later on. It happens all of the time. I think Mike Carey is doing a great job on the stories of this book. He's doing a good job of keeping the Fantastic Four with their familiar feel, but, at the same time, dealing with the Ultimate Universe aspect of the story. Things are different here. This group is teen-agers, afterall, but . . they're still the Fantastic Four. Without the Ultimate factor, this would be just another Fantastic Four book. But with it . . it's something different. Well . . it is, and it isn't. But I've always said how much I love this Ultimate Universe concept. I also liked the introduction of Namor into this story-line. He fit in quite nicely. It'll be interesting to see the future dynamic between him and Reed. I thought Tyler Kirkman's art in this series was also very good. I like the feel that he gave the book, and the way he handled the various characters. I'm not trying to be funny here, but I thought his art gave this book an 'Image' type feel to it. Maybe it's just me. But I liked it. I'm glad that Sue and Reed finally make up at the end. Of course it took a 'life or death' situation to make them realize how much they mean to each other but . . that's just all in a days work for the Fantastic Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment