Sunday, September 07, 2008

Superman / Batman #51 - DC


First of all, I gotta' say, Ryan Sook did a fantastic job on that cover. I wish I could have it as a poster . . it's really cool. Anyways, as I started reading this issue, I could just tell this was going to be a Mxyzptlk story-line. It just had that feel to it. We start out with the little Batman and Superman showing up in Gotham. Our Batman and Superman show up to find out what's going on and the next thing you know . . the whole JLA-jr is on the scene. They're actually pretty cute little characters though. I particularly liked the Red-Arrow character and how he was shooting his suction-cup arrows at Superman. Or was that a plunger? Of course there's a misunderstanding, and a scuffle. But soon cooler heads prevail, and that's when Reddy figures out that there's an outside power-source affecting things . . Mxyzptlk. As always, he says he's here for the heroes' own good . . "All you guys take your jobs way to seriously. You seem so unhappy these days." But then, in the end, he brings the L'il Injustice League to the scene. It doesn't seem like he's trying to make things better. The story is by the usual team of Michael Green and Mike Johnson. These guys are really doing a fantastic job with this book. I've been loving their stories. The art this issue is by Rafael Albuquerque . . you know . . from Blue Beetle fame. Although, I gotta say, the art he does for this issue is actually the best I've ever seen from him. Really, overall . . it looks great. I wasn't expecting this at all. But then, for some reason, it always seems that everyone turns in their best work on this book. It must be the motivation of the characters . . I guess. Whatever the case, I thought this was a great book. It was a lot of fun to read . . and to look at. Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment