Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Teen Titans #62 - DC


I love this book . . and I love the Teen Titans. What little there are left of them, that is. This issue starts out with 5 members, and ends with . . 4. M'Gann decides that she needs to leave for a little while to address some personal issues. I imagine we'll probably see her in a mini-series somewhere. Before I move on, I'd like to say that I think Eddy Barrows is doing an incredible job with the pencils here. I knew he had talent, and that he was a serious 'up-and-comer', but this issue . . the art in this issue simply blew me away. This was easily his best work to date. Simply fantastic! Anyways, I wanted to say that while I was thinking about it. Most of this issue was actually about Wendy and Marvin . . and their new . . Wonderdog? Suffice it to say, by the end of the issue, it looks like the dog has killed Marvin and eaten Wendy. We don't know for sure, but that's the way it looks right now. And from the previews . . . the Frank Frazetta looking guy who's stroking his Wonderdog on the final page . . appears to be called Lycus. I have no idea who he is or where he came from. But apparently the Wonderdog thing was some kind of preemptive strike. I guess he was trying to soften them up. Literally! The good news is that Cyborg is back in the house. He's helping with the reconstruction and is upgrading the security, defenses, infra-structure . . well, I guess everything. To bad he couldn't have finished it before the dog arrived. It looks like next issue . . Lycus attacks. Sean McKeever is really taking these kids on a roller-coaster ride of trouble. It seems like they've gone from bad situations to worse ever since he came on board as the scripter. As long as they come out stronger on the other side . . it'll all be worth it. Titans Together!

No comments:

Post a Comment