Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wolverine - First Class #6 - Marvel


This issue was a bit silly, but . . that's ok. It was kind of interesting to see a light-hearted Wolverine book. You don't get that to often. Plus, it was nice to see Cat, Illyana and Theresa when they were all so young. They all become so serious later on in life, you kind of forget that at one time they were all just little girls playing with dolls. I do kind of wonder what ever happened to Amp though. Obviously she went back to Muir Island with Theresa, but . . I don't remember a whole lot about her story after that. Anyways, Fred Van Lente did the story. Like I said, I really think he just had a lot of fun with this one. It was interesting to see the Danger Room robots. That's what they had before all the Shi'ar technology was added and they could do holograms and all that. The robotic Brother-hood of Evil . . . priceless! Salva Espin did the art and . . I really liked it. It had that young, cartoonish, look to it, but, at the same time, it was also pretty detailed. I think he would do very well on one of the bigger named team books. He's got a nice style. Although, now that I think about it, and the Spanish use of vowels, Salva is most likely a woman's name. Sorry! My bad! Anyways, I gotta say, I really like this book. The regular Wolvie title, and Origins, are both so serious. It was nice to see Logan kicking back and enjoying a movie and some beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment