Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ghost Rider - Annual #2 - Marvel


Two things about this issue that stand out for me . . I'll do the negative first. I really don't like this practice that Marvel has now of reprinting a complete comic in the back of their Annuals. Yes I appreciate that there's probably a lot of people that didn't see this story. But, to me, that's what TPB or digests or whatever are for. I see this as . . . they're taking a regular comic story, packaging it with a reprinted one . . creating a double sized book . . and then charging $3.99 instead of the $2.99. In reality, you're only getting the same amount of content as the regular title. But that's just me. I look at things differently sometimes. Now . . what I liked about this book . . I thought Simon Spurrier did an interesting job with this story. It was a bit predictable, but . . he kept it interesting. The predictability lied in knowing who the culprit was, but the motive caught me by surprise. He also took Johnny a step closer to finding out how to confront Zadkiel. But what I really enjoyed was Mark A Robinson's art. It really had a Humberto Ramos kind of look to it. Maybe even a little Joe Quesada influence. Whatever . . it came across really nice. Overall, I'm not disappointed by the book. Sometimes the publishers' practices just get in my craw.

No comments:

Post a Comment