Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wolverine #68 - Marvel


This book is really blowing me away right now. But then . . did you expect anything less when you heard that Mark Millar and Steve McNiven would be doing this story arc? But, whatever my expectations were . . these guys have multiplied that. There are so many nuances about this story . . I absolutely love it. Like when Hawkeye and Logan come upon Clint's ex-wife's place. Her companion now is . . one of the Ultron units? I don't thing they're romantically entangled . . could they(?) . . but, he(?) does seem to be her best friend, or confidant, or something. I there such a thing as a robo-hag? Also the Ultron actually seems to express some feelings when it gives Logan the 'X' medallion. " For luck, sir." Then when the boys show up in Salt Lake City. They have to break Clint's daughter out of the Kingpin's custody. It seems she's a super . . having Peter Parker for a grand-parent will probably do that for you . . and the Kingpin wants to make an example out of her. As soon as the boys break her out, she grabs a lead pipe and bashes the Kingpin's brains in and then turns on her dad. "I'm doing what I came here to do . . seize control of the Kingpin's quarter. I killed the Kingpin like I killed Magneto. Now it's time to show these boys what their new boss is made of." . . and it looks like she's about to smash her old-man's head in. Logan's watching from behind the wheel of the 'Spider-car'. "Damn you to hell for making me do this, Hawkeye." He may be going off the wagon on that abstinence code that he adopted. Oh . . uh . . I'm sorry . . I meant the non-violence code. No aggressive acts from this man. Yeah . . right! You knew it was only a matter of time. The only question was, what was the contributing factor going to be? You just had to know this story-arc was going to be fantastic. But what the boys have produced here is so far beyond my expectations . . it's amazing. I even bought the second printing for these first 3. I don't ever do that. If you're not getting it . . you should. It's destined to be a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment