Monday, September 01, 2008

Fantastic Four #559 - Marvel


I've been a Fantastic Four fan for quite a while, but, I have to admit, I've really been diggin' this book since Mark Millar took over on the scripts. I think the books reached an all new level. I have the utmost respect for the writers in this industry, but you have to admit, in order to write a story about the smartest man on the planet, things need to go to an all new level. I mean, considering the characters, I don't think it's wrong in thinking that there would be world changing ideas, or views of things, almost every issue. It's what the guy does. Making things better, thinking through problems, trying to think of a better way to do . . well, almost anything . . it's how his mind works. It's as natural to him as breathing is to us. He can't help it, and I'm sure he can't shut it off. Well, since Mark took over, I feel like we're getting those fantastic ideas . . pun intended . . every issue. With Mark I just really feel like all the characters are performing to their natural potential. There's no limits . . and if there are, we haven't reached them yet. We recently found out that Johnny's girlfriend . . the bank robber . . was actually lying to him, big surprise, and was partly attracted to him because it was her job. It appears that Dr. Banner, or perhaps I should say Dr. HULK . . he's in his HULK persona, but has all the intellect of Bruce . . the HULK has put a group together that he's cristened the New Defenders. I'm not sure why he's picked that name, but he has. In the short time they've been together, they've captured Dr. Doom, Johnny this issue, and . . . Galactus. He claims that he needs them for a power source . . for some reason. Also this issue, Alyssa goes to Sue because she's upset about the Nu-world project. It appears that the people behind it have lied to her about their ultimate plans. They want the build an exact duplicate of our world, but, when it comes to populating it, they only want the save the cream of the crop. So now she's feeling betrayed, and Sue is the only one she feels comfortable talking to about it. Anyways, all these fabulous ideas are presented in the same issue. I think that's fantastic. And I haven't even had time to talk about Brian Hitch's incredible art. Like I said, I think, right now, this book is the best it's ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment