Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ghost Rider #26 - Marvel


This issue was a bit confusing. Danny Ketch has shown back up in the picture, and for some reason, he's acquired a gang of thugs to help him take out the Caretaker. I know he thinks the Caretaker did him wrong, and left him when he needed him most, but . . it didn't seem like there was this much animosity between them. It appears that Danny is working for Zadkiel now also, so I'm wondering if he's got Danny stoked up somehow. He just doesn't really seem to be in character. Also there a new character working her way in to the scene, Sister Sara, from a convent in Kansas. I'm not exactly sure what her connection is, but she seems to be on a mission to make her way to Tennessee. That's also where the Caretaker, and now, Danny are. So I'm not really sure who it is that she's connected to. We don't actually see Johnny until the last panel of the final page. Sister Sara has made it to Tennessee and, literally, comes across Johnny's path. There's more to her than meets the eye. So far I've liked Jason Aaron's stories . . I'm just a bit confused by this issue, for some reason. Also, as I've stated, I think Tan Eng Huat is doing a good job with the pencils. He definitely gives the book a different flavor. I'm sure not everybody is going to like him. He is incredibly talented, he just has his own unique style. Sometimes that takes a while to get used to. This is the most work he's done though . . since Doom Patrol . . so give the guy a chance. He's an acquired taste. Overall I liked the book. I'm sure everything will sort itself out here in upcoming issues. It'll be interesting to see the dynamic between Johnny and Danny. And maybe we'll finally get some answers on Danny. Is he . . or isn't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment