Friday, September 12, 2008

Secret History of the Authority: Hawksmoor #6 - WildStorm


I have to say, the only thing I didn't really like about this book was the Cully Hamner covers. I don't know . . they just didn't seem right on this book. Anyways, this issue wraps up the mini-series that's been brought to us by Mike Costa and Fiona Staples. I thought Mike did a good job with this story. I expected it to be an origin story, or maybe a 'year 1' of sorts, but really it was just a story from the early years of Jack Hawksmoor. We got a sense of how he was made and what he went through to get there. We didn't get all of the details, but . . I don't think we really want to know all of the details. Plus we got a pretty good idea of how he talks, and relates, to all of these cities . . all cities actually . . whether it's a great metropolis like Tokyo or just a 2 shack little community in the Russian countryside. I think he enjoys human contact and relationships, but I really think that the cities are the only ones that really get him. We've seen Jack in action in the Authority books, but this series, I think, really helps us to understand just how it is that he is able to do the things he does . . and how he solicits the help from his mistress' around the globe. I thought Mike and Fiona put an excellent effort into this series. Your hard work paid off. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment