Sunday, September 07, 2008

DC Super Friends #6 - DC


While I appreciate that the Johnny DC line has another book aimed at kids, I'm upset that the JLA Unlimited book, and the Teen Titans Go! book were cancelled in the process. The line is also going to be gaining a Supergirl book shortly, but we're also going to be loosing the Legion of Super-heroes in the 31st Century. Of all of them, I hate to see the Titans and Legion book go. Other than the Justice League, these 2 teams have been around the longest in the DC Universe, but I don't think either of them get enough credit. It was nice to see both exposed to a younger, and newer audience. I thought it might be the chance for either of them to gain a little more prominence again. But . . I guess there were other plans. I really think, though, that this story is aimed at to young of an audience. This one seems to be aimed at the 6 - 10 crowd. It's enjoyable, but much lower than my expectations. I'm assuming that since this line is aimed at a younger crowd, they have to keep the material fresh . . which is why they're changing titles. They also seem to have a specified number of titles they want each month. According to my previous statements there were 3 cancelled, but only 2 put on. The third is the Billy Batson title, SHAZAM!. That's also a welcome addition, I just wish we didn't have to lose the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment