Sunday, September 14, 2008

Angel #4 - Marvel

I'm really enjoying this book. I think that Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is doing a fantastic job with this story. And I'm really diggin Adam Pollina's art. He's adjusted his style a little bit on this title, but I really like the results. I like that Warren decided to go for the dramatic affect when confronting Father Reynolds. He waits for him to go to the church to beg for forgiveness at the feet of the cross . . and then he shows up . . wings spread wide . . looking like an angel from on high. There's nothing like putting the fear of god into someone. The naivety of these characters . . when they first start out . . is amazing. Warren thinks that he can hide behind a wig and a mask tied across his eyes. But I think this issue pretty much wraps up the story as far as Warren's school goes. With his confrontation of Father Reynolds, he's pretty much taken care of Andrew's problem. Warren has a confrontation with Amanda and Brandon, which results in a melee on the front steps of the school. But it's pretty hard for the head-master to do anything to them, as far as punishment, because of the generous donations, and how important their parents are. However, at the end of the book, the mutant-hunter with his little 'hound' show up and try to smoke Warren out . . literally. He set's fire to the dorms and Warren has to expose himself to save everyone . . Andrew, Amanda and Brandon. With only 1 issue left, Warren is now in the position where he's going to have to face his own demon . . this guy that's been hunting him down. Like I said, I've been enjoying the story. I think there's a nice mixture of the school environment and Warren's origin. I also like the way that Roberto has handled all of the peripheral characters. And he's saved the final . . ultimate . . confrontation for the last issue. I think he handled the build-up and suspense of the story perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment