Sunday, September 21, 2008

Titans #4 - DC


Well, unfortunately Ian Churchill isn't on this book anymore, but . . he is giving us some nice covers. Joe Benitez is doing the interiors now. I was a little skeptical at first, but . . now . . I'm kind of getting used to him. He's using a different style, than I've seen from him before. I have to say . . I like the affects. I think it's giving the book kind of a unique feel. Of course all of this is on top of Judd Winick fantastic stories. It just seems to me that Judd has a certain aptitude for writing team books. I like the way he handles all of the various characters. This issue our team is fighting daddies little boys . . Trigon's sons. Their names are Jacob, Jared and Jesse, but they go by Envy, Wrath and Lust. Apparently their powers tap directly in to the seven deadly sins. Raven also has this power, but she doesn't like to use it because of how it affects people, and also how it's use affects her. Long story short, the boys are going after the Titans because they need Raven to open the portal between Earth and where Trigon is trapped. His power is greatly depleted, so he can't open it himself. However, once open . . and approached from the opposite side by Trigon . . they decide rather than help him, they're just going to absorb his powers. Once they do that . . they leave. So it's kind of an empty victory for the Titans. They didn't actually beat them, but they gave them what they wanted so they just left. What they don't know is that they were tricked into syphoning Trigon's power by Raven because she filled them all with Greed. First of all they took his power when he was at his weakest, and now that the portal has been closed, it won't be able to be opened again for centuries. But, at least they get to go home and rest. This is a great group of characters. They have a certain chemistry when they're all together, and I'm glad that they're going to be back in this book. It appears that we're going to fore-go the Titans East and Titans West thing, and just go with Titans and Teen Titans. I think that's a pretty good idea. I have a lot of hopes for this book. I just hope they can keep it going, creatively. Titans Together! Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment