Monday, September 17, 2007

X-Men - World War Hulk #3 - Marvel


Remember when I said I didn't understand what the whole point of this part of the Hulk War was? I did say that . . . didn't I? Well . . . if not . . I am . . . confused that is. Or I should say . . I was until I read this issue. Now I understand. The whole point of this mini-series . . . and it's long drawn-out brawling . . which seems to me is the point of any Hulk story . . . anyways . . the whole point is to bring the Juggernaut back up to full power. But in order to do that he had to make a bargain with the devil . . the crystal . . . and embrace his inner rage. The reason he hasn't been able to tap in to his powers lately is because they are anger, and rage based. When he becomes a mindless behemoth . . much in the manner of the Hulk . . is when he's really at his most powerful. Well, since he's been cuddling with Excalibur . . and Nocturne specifically . . . he hasn't been at his full strength. Well when he hears about what's happening at the school he wants to help. But in order to be at the strength that's needed to battle the Hulk, he has to try to reason with the crystal. Which is when he's told that the real reason he can't obtain full strength is because of his life choices. Sounds like an after school special. Anyways, he does so . . fights the Hulk to a standstill . . and then the Hulk gives up and takes off. So really other than the mayhem and destruction that was caused, the only thing gained out of this story is Juggy's desire to be the man he's always been. Despite all that, I thought it was ok. Nothing great. But, Ok. But I am glad it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment