Saturday, September 29, 2007

Booster Gold #2 - DC


I have to admit, I'm kinda' diggin' this book. We've all seen Booster's character over the years. And while his last solo outing wasn't terrible, it also wasn't lighting the stands on fire either. So when I saw that this was coming out, I figured I'd give it a shot, but I wasn't really expecting anything spectacular. And Booster always has been kind of a doofus. Of course I didn't realize that Geoff Johns was going to be writing it either. So now it's just shot way up my expectation chart. Something I realized after reading this issue though . . . is that it kind of has some similarities to the Exiles book over at the Marvel-ous competitors. Yes it's different, and deals with different things . . but . . . the basic essence of the story is, you have to admit, very similar. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I get the feeling that Booster will be correcting a lot of "mistakes" that we never even knew about. Like this issue, he convinces Guy Gardner to go home to see his father before he dies. Which he does. But, if he hadn't, when Abin Sur crash lands, he would've been closer than Hal Jordan. So things might've changed. And I think that he's also going to be visiting a lot, if not all, of the other 51 Earths in our new multi-verse. And there . . . anything can happen . . . there's no continuity yet. I also think there's a lot more to Rip Hunter than we know. A whole lot! So hopefully, as time goes by, we'll learn more and more about him. So basically what I'm saying is that, from the looks of the first 2 issues, this has the possibilities of turning out to be a very exciting series. Now . . let's hope, that it lives up to it's potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment