Saturday, September 29, 2007

Stormwatch - Post Human Division #11 - WildStorm


I have to say, unfortunately, that I'm starting to get a little bored with this series. Andy Smith has come on board the last couple of issues. His take on these characters is fresh and stylish. But, it doesn't seem to be enough. He also draws some very sexy feminine figures. I thought that would help me a little bit. But it didn't . . much. There are some very nice looking panels. But . . . it doesn't help to keep my interest in the overall story. Personally, I think that we're going to have to have StormWatch Prime more directly involved in some of these stories. They've been in and out of the last couple of issues. Cameo's sort of. But again, not really enough to light a fire in the story. I can't blame Christos Gage entirely. He's trying to put all of this together. I just don't think that this new format necessarily lends itself to the type of stories we're used to seeing from a StormWatch book. Besides, we already have the WildCATS and the Authority (sort of). And lets face it, when it comes down to it, those are much better books. And I know that this one is trying to be different from them, but . . . after 11 issues . . . it still seems to be floundering. So, we either need to get our ducks in a row, or just switch the title of the book to StormWatch Prime. This is an interesting concept, but I don't think they've fully realized how to expound on their stories. I hope it gets better. I hope that these stories start pulling in the reader better. I just don't know how long people are willing to sit around and wait though.

No comments:

Post a Comment