Saturday, September 15, 2007

Wonder Woman #12 - DC


Ok, this issue wraps up the Amazons Attack! story-line . . . pretty much . . . from Wonder Woman's point of view. She captures Everyman. Actually . . Nemesis does. Well . . they couldn't have done it without each other. I guess. And through that series of events they find and rescue Sarge Steel. The only part of the story I didn't like is that really, when you look at the way it happened, Everyman pretty much gave himself up. Not really. But . . through his actions . . they were able to follow him, capture him, and rescue the Sarge. Seriously! If he would've just taken off . . left, oh I don't know, at least the city . . they never would've been able to track him. But, my guess is, he wanted to kill the Sarge in front of them. So he buried him in a tomb, and rigged it with C4. When they followed him, they threatened to blow them up. But of course they overpowered him. However, if he just would've left, the Sarge would've died eventually anyways. So why did he have to go through all of that, and then end up getting captured? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But . . . I guess we have to take leaps some times. So from a scorecard point of view: Nemesis is recovered and back in action, Sarge Steel is rescued and getting his operations back in order, Everyman has been captured, and, probably from his brush with death, Nemesis doesn't remember that Diana is Wonder Woman. But on the negative side: Hippolyta is the ruler of an empty kingdom, the Amazons are scattered across the globe with no remembrance of the previous life or heritage, and the Gods are still in shackles by Granny Goodness, and I presume Darkseid. So I'm not sure if good or bad won. (?) But I assume that we'll be moving on to the Darkseid aspect of this story next. Overall . . I did like the issue. With a beautiful cover by Terry Dodson . . what more can I complain about?

No comments:

Post a Comment