Sunday, September 09, 2007

Amazing Spider-man #543 - Marvel


This is an amazing book. J Michael Straczynski is a fantastic writer. He has really done an outstanding job with this book and these characters. But from what I read, he's getting ready to end his 6 year run. That's really sad. I really hope the next writer loves these characters as much as he obviously does. Nothing with May, really changes this issue. Except that they move her to a different hospital. One of the nurses tips off the police that they have a patient, suffering from a gunshot wound, who hasn't reported it to the police, and are paying for all their medical bills with cash. That's . . a bit suspicious. They haven't made the connection who the people are. All they know is that something isn't right. So when they go to investigate. Peter assumes the worst, and they flee with May and take her to a different hospital. Through the course of the events, Peter figures he's committed 9 felonies. They include, failing to file a police report on a gunshot wound, assaulting a police officer, fleeing the scene of a crime, grand theft auto, breaking and entering, reckless endangerment, forgery and fraud. "Nine felony counts. Not committed by somebody in a mask that can't be tracked down. Not committed by Spider-man. Nine felonies committed by ME, with my fingerprints all over everything. Me. Peter Parker. I can't say it was a trap, or a frame-up, or an anti-registration technicality, or anything else. I committed those crimes. I have become the very thing I set out to fight. A criminal. All my life, I've had nightmares about being accused of a crime and being sent to jail. And now I'm trapped in that nightmare, only this time it's real It's REAL! I'm lost . . . god help me, I'm so lost . . ." And all of this is going to lead in to the One More Day storyline. Which from my understanding is going to change a lot of things in Peter's life. My best guess is, this is going to be the end of an era for Spider-man. And . . . the beginning of an era for Spider-man. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment