Saturday, September 08, 2007

Spawn #170 - Image


I really like this Nyx character. I'm glad they decided to have her stick around for a while. But, I really think they did it to give him someone, so Spawn will be able to ground himself in the real world. Sometimes! I think he gets himself so wrapped up in these cosmic themes, and then pulls himself away from the real world. He's like completely out of touch, until one of the demons or angels rears it's head and he has to come take care of the situation. I mean . . he's not really alive . .but . . he is. Know what I mean? And if he went to such great lengths, and personal loss, to bring the world back, and try to make it a better place, shouldn't he also be allowed to enjoy a little bit of it? I mean . . . ya he did some bad stuff. And yes he's been on both sides of the fence. But, with the recreation of the world, isn't that literally . . a lifetime ago? Anyways, Nyx is trying to help him stay in touch with his human side. Maybe it is a facade, but . . so what. It's still there. He can't loose touch with it. Meanwhile 2 hell demons, Abbadon and Zabraxas are running around trying to bring people over to the darkside. Spawn's been trying to keep tabs on them. But while out of touch, they created this little "hell-house" to show people their inner demons. And when Spawn finally does show up to stop them . . he sees one of his own. Fantastic story by David Hine. I really like the direction that Spawn seems to be going in right now. Like I said though, I wish he'd get a little of his humanity back. Also the series artist is Brian Haberlin now. He is also doing an outstanding job. The look and feel of this book is really unique right now. And from reading the letters page, it looks like a lot of other people are diggin' it right now also.

No comments:

Post a Comment