Thursday, September 13, 2007

Amazons Attack! #5 - DC


This is an interesting book. The story isn't bad. The premise . . however . . lacks a little credibility. I mean, here we are in issue #5, and we still don't really know what this whole thing is all about. All we really know is that Circe orchestrated the whole thing, supposedly for her own benefit. But, I'm having a hard time figuring out what she stands to gain from the whole thing. But, with what he has to work with, I think Will Pfeifer is doing a pretty credible job. I especially like the way this series is working in tandem with the other books that it crosses over with. It's a very well orchestrated piece of achievement. All involved should be proud of their hard work. Their efforts show. I also think Pete Woods is doing a good job with the pencils. I remember . . probably about 6 or 7 years ago . . I think . . when I first saw his work on Robin. It was ok, but I didn't think he would be anybody I'd come to respect. I have to amend that opinion. I think in the last year or so, his stuff has gotten a whole lot better. Also Grace . . from the Outsiders . . is one of my favorite characters. So any book that she's involved in gets my vote. She basically was used this issue. But on the final page, she poised to take the leap into the big battle. And we all know she does so with abandon. I still think she has some Apokolyptan connections. I don't think she's Bana, as they claimed this issue. Anyways, we stand at the precipice as next issue it really is an all out war. It'll be interesting, in the end, to see what exactly was the purpose for this whole thing. And how it's going to change the relations between the Themyscirans and the US. And actually, I'm kind of thinking that there may be some backlash against super-powered people in general. Kind of along the lines of a Civil War type of response. And what's up with Hippolyta? Is she real? Or just an extension of Circe? I'm sure we'll get most of the answers to these questions next issue. I just don't know if we're going to be happy with the answers that we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment