Saturday, September 08, 2007

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man #23 - Marvel


Well this is it. Well . . . not quite the end of the book. But . . it's the last one for Peter David and Todd Nauck. I gave 'em some hell in the beginning. Mostly about that Green Goblin from the future story-line. But, other than that debacle, it's been a really nice run. I didn't know if I'd like Todd on the pencils. I mean he did Young Justice for so long, that's just what I associated him with. But . . I think he did a great job. This particular issue is mostly about wrapping up the Daily Bugle story-line. An issue or 2 ago, J Jonah fired Robbie. He was in a fit over Spider-man. Robbie stuck up for him, so he told him to get out. Well . . as it turns out this issue, he really only did that to draw out Spider-man. Which worked. I'd like to mention that it's nice to see Betty Brandt back in as a regular rotating cast member again. I mean, she's always been there. We just actually get to see and hear from her now. I've always liked her character. Anyways, Peter and J Jonah get together and they do a lot of verbal arguing. Finally he offers Peter a choice, " . . either I'll drop the lawsuit against you or rehire Robbie. You get to choose." He chooses, " . . drop the lawsuit." J Jonah thinks he's being selfish, but then Peter tells him that he knew that he never really had any intention of firing Robbie because he just did it to get to him. Long story short, J Jonah agrees to drop the lawsuit, and then he goes to tell Robbie the story of what he's just been through, and to ask him to come back to work. This was actually a nice wrap up to some of these story-lines. We do have one more issue though. Next issue is actually going to be part 2 of the One More Day story-line. It'll be by Straczynski and Quesada. I'm sad that this book is leaving the shelves. But . . . whatta' way to go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment