Saturday, September 29, 2007

Excalibur #23 - Marvel


I really do like this book. And I'm thrilled to death that Chris Claremont is the writer. The only real problem I have . . I think this whole Albion storyline needs to be wrapped up. It's starting to drag on. There's a few things that I do find particularly interesting though. As this story goes on, we seem to be knocking off Shadow-X one by one. By the end of the story, there won't be any of them left. Also, it seems, as the story moves along, that Nocturne is getting more involved. She recently had that stroke, or heart-attack, or something and hasn't been an active part of the team. But by the end of this story-line, I'm betting she'll be back at full strength. The only question I have is . . . what really was the point of putting her through all of that? I mean usually when something happens like that, it's to implement a significant change in a character. But . . we haven't seen anything like that yet. So . . why? Just to do it? Maybe I'll understand later . . but right now, I just don't get it. Another thing this story seems to be doing is bringing out the inner soldier of Dazzler and Wisdom. Both are part of the team, but both usually play a diminished role. This story seems to be bringing them to the forefront. And also, what's the deal with Sage? Is she really that sunk in to her role that she doesn't know the difference, or can no longer tell who she really is? Or . . is she just biding her time to put herself in the best possible position to bring Albion down? Unfortunately, we won't really know . . . till we know. And on the final page, when Albion takes his mask off, we see that he may be another version of Brion. But, honestly, I think we all saw that one coming. To me, that wasn't that big of a revelation. But overall, I really do like the book. I just wish we could wrap this one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment