Monday, September 17, 2007

Fantastic Four #549 - Marvel


I don't care what anyone says . . Sue Storm . . the Invisible Woman . . . . kicks ass. She was a force to be reckoned with this issue. The Wizard thought he was going to get the upper hand when he unleashed Klaw. He thought for sure that he was all he needed to defeat T'challa. But the Black Panther is turning out to be a rather resourceful young man. I mean we all knew he was smart. And he is a hero . . and a king. But in this series, I think, we're seeing a resourceful side to him that we've never seen before. At least I haven't. Meanwhile, while all of this conflict has been going on with T'challa and the Klaw, and a little stirring up by the Thing . . . Ororo has gone off and found and released Sue. And she is not a happy camper. In fact she's seriously . . . I mean seriously . . . pissed. "You kidnapped me, hurt me, tried to kill my family and friends . . . don't try and attack me while I'm talking . . . I can't decide which of the many ways I can hurt you I'm going to use. Oh, who am I kidding? I know just what I'm going to do. Let's have a look at your chest cavity. I'd have lost that bet. You do have a heart. Beating a little fast, nervous? . . . . you surely know what would happen if I used a force field to block your three main coronary arteries. . . . . I can shut you off like a light switch, any time I want. And right now? I really want" To which the Wizard just simply passes out. But now the artifact that Reed found requires their attention. So they're off to the Horologium Supercluster . . . about 700 million light-years away. But on the way they run in to . . . literally . . a place where the space time continuum is starting to come apart at the seems. They think it might be a localized anomaly . . . until they see about 20 watchers in the heavens waiting to see what's going to happen. While they're trying to figure out what they're going to do, they're attacked by the alien race . . the Contrasepsis. Sounds like a job for Trojan-man. And of course that's how the story ends. Like any other FF story. With a major cliff-hanger. But I gotta admit I really like what Dwayne McDuffie and Paul Pelletier are doing with this book right now. I haven't been this excited to read this in quite some time. Excellent job . . fella's.

No comments:

Post a Comment