Monday, September 17, 2007

Action Comics #855 - DC


In general . . I don't really like Bizarro stories. They tend to give me a headache. It's never been clearly defined . . . just what's going on with these freaks. I mean . . seriously. Do they just speak backwards? Or . . do they also think backwards? Or . . do they just say the opposite of what they mean? Seriously. This should be defined because all 3 . . . are very different. And really . . this is the part that bothers me about these stories. This one for instance . . . most of the book I just had to skip over what the Bizarro's were saying. Because it's never consistent. I'm really not complaining about Johns, Donner and Powell . . the creators of this story. It's not really their fault. It's just the way the stories have been done over the years. They usually start out speaking backwards. That's like their signature. When you hear that . . you know it's a Bizarro story. But . . then . . as the interaction with them increases . . they usually start saying the opposite of what they mean. Which I'm sure, if you're trying to write it, isn't really the same. And then somewhere along the line, you start to get the feeling that in their heads . . they're actually thinking backwards, or the opposite, of us. That's another question. Is it backwards or opposite? Because those are 2 completely different questions also. I'm sure it's got to be a headache for Geoff Johns, the writer. Cause believe me . . it's a headache for us. But . . the concept of this story . . is interesting. There's actually some pretty cool ideas that are brought out in this book. And I really like the style of art that Eric Powell put forth. It's cool, and it's fits perfectly with this book. So like I said, it's not this book specifically that I'm complaining about . . it's the overall concept of the Bizarro theme. I just think that it needs to be defined better . . . or just done more consistently. That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment