Saturday, September 08, 2007

Superman/Batman #39 - DC


Ok, I love this book. I love these characters. But, this is part of the thing I was worried about when they said they were going to bring back the multiple universes. This has to be on another world, because on page 4 there's a little box that says, "Another world. Another universe." And it's not that I don't like stories from different universes. But, I like to have a little fore-warning. So . . my best logical guess is . . . Dessad came to Earth to use the Scarecrow, by amping up his powers, to get Superman. Which he did. When they got back to Apocalypse he insets a crystal right in to his forehead, straight in to his brain. "Superman has no mind to come back to. There's nothing but static in that skull. Not one clear, conscious thought. It's as if his synapses have been ripped apart. And . . it's irreversible. For all intents and purposes . . . Superman is dead." That's what Desaad tells Darkseid when he's out field testing him on War-World. Part of the reason I believe it's an alternate Earth is because when Batman is talking to Lois, she knows that he's Bruce, but she doesn't know that Clark is Superman. So back to my hypothesis, I'm guessing that when Desaad came to Earth to get Superman, he switched realities without knowing it. And when he went back to Apocalypse he went back to his own. Because all through the last book, and the beginning of this one, it's never mentioned that it's an alternate Earth. So anyways, that just makes me wonder how it's all going to shake out. And . . . does it even matter. Since it's an alternate Earth, it's of no consequence to us. Another complaint I have about the multiple Earth story-lines. We have no vested interest in the characters of another world . . . so we really don't care. Sometimes it's a nice story. But really . . when all's said and done . . . after reading it, we put it away and never look at it again because it doesn't really matter. Unless . . this is somehow tied in to the Countdown crisis. Well we won't know till next issue, and maybe not even then.

No comments:

Post a Comment