Monday, September 03, 2007

Aquaman : Sword of Atlantis #55 - DC


All the story-lines in this book are starting to come together. The problem is, right now, they all seem a bit . . . odd. Before I get to that though, I'd like to welcome Kevin Maguire back to the comic scene. He does the cover for this issue. Does this mean he may be doing some interiors somewhere soon? I hope so. Tad Williams writes this book. But, I hate to blame him for the obtuseness of the story. I really don't think it's his fault. If anything, I think that he's trying to wrap up all these various story-lines that seem to go all the way back to the sinking of San-Diego. If not earlier. As far as the art goes . . I'm a fan of Shawn McManus. However, I notice that when he first takes on a book, his work is kind of . . . thin, I guess would be the best word for it. It's almost like, until he gets in to the book, he doesn't really get in to the art. It looks like he takes some shortcuts. But then . . as he gets in to the story, his work gets much improved. The problem though is, as he gets ready to end his run, his work gets shoddy at the end again. The good news is that his stuff looks pretty good in this issue. So I'm guessing that he's starting to get in to the book . . or the work. Also since it has been improving, I'm guessing that he's going to be here for a while longer. Anyways, overall it is a decent book . . even if it is a little hard to follow all the plot-lines. And they continue to bring in a potpourri of characters. Now Vandal Savage and Krusivax is brought in to the mix. And at the end of this issue, Cyborg becomes involved. I like this book. I just hope this whole thing comes together soon so we can resolve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment