Saturday, September 29, 2007

Supergirl #21 - DC


I liked the story by Tond Bedard. But I wasn't to thrilled with the art, by Renato Guedes. This particular issue is a tie-in with Countdown. Specifically the story about Karate Kid and Una. Kara has come across them, but she's confused about their presence. She knows them, but, she doesn't. Most of her memories from the future have been blocked or erased, so when she sees them in a different form from what they are in the present, she gets confused. They're currently on their trek from Mister Orr's, to Buddy Blank's. That's who Orr sent them to for the next leg of their journey. But, having been humiliated by them, Equus, Mister Orr's bodyguard or guard-dog, has come after them for retribution. To do so he has called in a train derailment, and a biological hazard, to the local police. The train is the one they're riding on, and the biological hazard is Karate Kid. So after he calls it in, he derails the train. Of course. Supergirl comes along to get them out of their tangle with the local law enforcement, but then she draws the attention of Equus. So he takes care of her by landing the train on her head. "They do say she's more powerful than a locomotive. I just wanted to check." So next issue will be the battle between the four of them. I'm not quite sure what it is I don't like about the art. It's hard to pinpoint because he inks and colors his own stuff. Obviously the guy has talent. But, I guess it's just not a talent that I can appreciate. But, overall, I thought it was a good issue. I will be glad though when we get our regular creative team on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment