Saturday, September 15, 2007

Wetworks #12 - WildStorm


Don't ask me why, because I really don't know, but this one just kind of left me . . dry. I don't know how else to describe it. It was an ok story. We seem to be in the mode where were taking the individual issues to bring us all back up to speed on the characters. That's really what this issue was all about. It was kind of reintroducing us to Persephone. Well not actually to her. She has this author that she's been having a tryst with. He writes horror books. So a lot of this story is done in the reference to one of his stories. His character is called Cassiopeia. But since he's fallen in love with Persephone, a lot of his story is based on her character. I'm sorry, let me get this straight, he doesn't know who or what she is. But since he's fallen in love with her, and she loves his books, he feels that he's doing Cassiopeia as if Persephone were a Vampire. Yes, I know she is. But he doesn't. So he's playing "what if?" for a situation that actually "is" and not "if". Get it? Anyways, it works in the story. It's actually a nice kind of story. Rather touching. Shows us a human side of Persephone. But that's what IO is scared of. They need her to be a monster, and not human. So the idea of her letting her guard down every once in a while when she's with this author, kind of scares them. So they put a stop to it. I guess Joel Gomez is going to be our regular artist on this series now. I don't see Whilce anywhere in sight. But with JMDeMatteis doing the writing, they make a nice little team. I would still like to see Whilce, but, we can't always get what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment