Saturday, September 15, 2007

Batman #668 - DC


First of all I'm a huge fan of Grant Morrison's. The dude is a genius. Secondly, JH Williams is astounding. I've missed his work ever since Promethea, so it's good to see him on board here. I know he's probably only here for this story-arc, but I really hope he gets back on a regular title soon. All we really got from him last year were those 52 covers. Although they were amazing. Unfortunately I do have a little complaint. As I said last issue, I was afraid that this story was going to go along the way of And Then There Were None, or as it's also called 10 Little Indians. It's a fantastic Agatha Cristie book, but, it's been appropriated so many times as a basis for a story that I really didn't want to see it again. Well, not that I didn't want to see it, but with Grant's huge talent, I'm just disappointed to see him going along that path. I may still be wrong. But, after reading this issue, I'm even more convinced that it's the case. Basically what happens is everyone starts getting killed during this weekend resort on this island. It keeps going along until there are none left. But if there's none left . . who did the killing? Well . . as it turns out . . one of them faked their death. Obviously that can't happen here because we know that Batman and Robin aren't going to be killed. But, I really see this story travelling down that path. So then the question rises, "Who faked their death?". At this point I'd have to say it's probably Wingman. That's my guess. I may be wrong, but we'll find out when this story-arc wraps up. Obviously it has something to do with this Mister Mayhew, but we really don't even know what his involvement is other than it's his party, and his island. Don't get me wrong . . I enjoy the story. And I have the utmost respect for the creators. I just look forward to new imaginative stuff. Especially from Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment