Thursday, September 13, 2007

Birds of Prey #109 - DC


This issue was a little hard to read . . but only because the story in it takes place before the Black Canary mini series. However, that series is done . . and this book came out afterwards. I'm a little confused. So, we have to read it . . ignoring what we already know that has happened . . and pretend we're reading it without that knowledge. That's a lot of effort to put into something that's supposed to be a release and enjoyable. Don't get me wrong . . the story was good . . the art was good . . . I love the characters . . I'm just wondering what kind of editorial decision was made to allow this to happen? I mean personally . . if it was me . . I probably just would've bagged the story and moved on to the next issue. I mean the only new information we get is some of the stuff that has to do with Darkseid and Apocalypse. But those pages just could've been moved in to another issue. There wasn't anything that we would've missed if we didn't read this issue. Tony Bedard did his job. Nicola Scott and Doug Hazelwood did their jobs. Apparently Mike Carlin, the Editor, was asleep at his job. Here's what this whole issue boils down to . . . Knockout is dead! Or . . at least she appears to be. And she knew who her attacker was. They could've put that in the DC Nation notes. But instead I had to pay $3 to find this out. Ain't I a sucker!

No comments:

Post a Comment