Monday, September 10, 2007

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-heroes #33 - DC


I gotta' say . . for as much as I was worried about this book, when Waid and Kitson left . . Tony Bedard is doing a fantastic job with these stories. The first thing he does, after the whole Dominator world thing, is send then Legion leader, Cosmic Boy, off somewhere that nobody knows where. So now Brainiac . . er Legion leader Supergirl . . has to put together these search teams to go out and try to find him. But what I like about Tony's stories is that there's plots within plots. He sends Starboy, Sun Boy and Mekt Ranzz off to Winath to supposedly search for Cosmic Boy. But it turns out that Mekt was running some kind of scam on the planet, and trying to blame it on the Validus cult. But then just in case he was found out, which they do with the help of Special Prosecutor for the UP, Tenzil Kem, he used Coluan technology so he could try to blame it on Brainiac. As it turns out he has his own 10th level intellect, Vrax, on his team, the Wanderers. Kem and Starboy put the whole thing together and even shut down Mekt's machine. They all make it back to Earth, with Mekt in custody, but there's still 3 or 4 other search teams out there. And I'm sure they're going through some trials and tribulations of their own. I have to admit, I also like Dennis Calero's art. It's different from other stuff that's been done in this book. But . . it's cool in it's own right. Really, my only complaint about this issue is that we didn't see Supergirl. I mean, she's Legion leader . . . right? So shouldn't she be involved in all of this somehow? Well, I'm sure we'll find out some more about this quest next issue. Hopefully we'll also see what Kara's up to too.

No comments:

Post a Comment